The following broadcast contains material that is the opinion of the participants. The views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the other Selective Hearing staff or affiliates of the site.
Episode 17 of the audio version of the Selective Hearing roundtable was recorded on September 1, 2013 and brought together an assorted panel of folks to discuss the end of Selective Hearing on JPH!P Radio, the fan video of Koisuru Fortune Cookie, the results of the Morning Musume 12th generation audition, the reformation of AKB48’s Team 4. There was also a special appearance by NSK’s Togasaki equivalent, D. Change.
Remember that if you don’t like what you hear, we have two words for you…
Greg – Selective Hearing
Allen – Twitter | Extra Life Houston | Extra Life | Selective Hearing
Hiro – Twitter | Selective Hearing
Tenkei – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | Nandake
Boykun – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | Nandake
Mandy – JPH!P
Datalanche – Twitter | JPH!P
Jafejai – Twitter | Jam Subs
Tris – Twitter | JPH!P
Garry – Twitter | New School Kaidan
Yoshi – Twitter | New School Kaidan
Dave – Twitter | New School Kaidan
Related hash tags: #slut7, #opensluts, #sopretty, #dontwhipme
OPENING – m-flo – Get On! / Living Color – Cult Of Personality
INTRO (Itano Tomomi 1%)
TOPIC 1: 4 YEARS, 200 EPISODES
Selective Hearing Radio started in 2009 as a bi-weekly with a music only format and absolutely no talking from its host.
After much prodding from the JPH!P listeners the show was changed to a weekly format and developed into the program with the familiar segments that long-time listeners and actual interaction with the audience.
The broadcast officially ends on Nov 8, 2013.
• Have you ever listened to any episode of Selective Hearing Radio either live to air or after on the recorded podcast?
• How many of you have been around since the beginning? Who joined later in the run of the program? Ain’t no shame if you showed up late to the game.
• Did you ever think the program would last this long?
• Favorite segment over the past 200 episodes?
TOPIC 2: NSK KFC FAN VIDEO HITS 1 MILLION VIEWS
If you do not know the story New School Kaidan’s Koisuru Fortune Cookie fan video was uploaded on the official AKB48 YouTube channel and it has hit over 1 million views and inspired others to do the same type of video.
• Did you take part?
• Favorite moment(s)?
• Are you aware that this has been seen by fans at AKB’s Nagoya and Tokyo dome concerts?
• How about that Sasshi posting about seeing it on G+? Mission accomplished?
• Media coverage? Surprising or expected?
• How do you feel about those in the community who think this is about fans trying to go for cheap fame? Are they just bitter?
TOPIC 3: MORNING MUSUME 12TH GEN AUDITION
According to your overlord Tsunku the talent level of Morning Musume is so high (the highest ever he claims) that adding a new girl was unnecessary. He has invited those who made it to the final rounds of the auditions to join the H!P Kenshuusei to continue their development as they are like raw diamond ores.
• Did you even know a 12th generation audition was going on?
• Do you believe that Tsunku made the right decision?
• Is all the fan emo justified?
He also states that had these girls auditioned for the 9th generation auditions they would have got in.
• Backhanded comment? Insult to the 9th generation or just regular Tsunku bullshit?
• Or is Tsunku just telling the truth?
The plan is to redo the 12th generation audition again. This will not be the 13th gen.
• Will Tsunku find his serendipity? His superstar?
• Does all his flowery language prevent you from taking what he says seriously?
• Should YouTube sensation CUCA make another run at auditioning?
TOPIC 4: THE REFORMATION OF TEAM 4… SORT OF
During AKB48’s dome tour it was announced that the previously dissolved Team 4 was being reformed with Minegishi Minami as captain and the 13th and 14th generation of KKS making up the rest of the group.
• Your reaction? Elation? Joy? Disappointment?
• Does this piss on the legacy of the original Team 4? Are former members a little too butthurt about this or are they justified in their anger?
• Are you pleased with Minegishi Minami being named as captain?
• Are there any KKS you like who are in this new version of Team 4? Or do you just hate the entire lineup?
• Should all the members shave their heads as show of unity for the new Team 4?
TOPIC 5: D.CHANGE DROPS BY TO SAY HI
OUTRO (AKB48 – Koisuru Fortune Cookie)
ENDING – Hangry & Angry – Mr. Monkey
Running Time: 2:23:57
Download 64 kbps M4A 70.7 MB