The following broadcast contains material that is the opinion of the participants. The views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the other Selective Hearing staff or affiliates of the site.
Episode 12 of the audio version of the Selective Hearing roundtable was recorded on January 26, 2013 and brought together an assorted panel of folks to discuss the 7 years of Selective Hearing’s existence and various recent topics within the idol world.
Remember that if you don’t like what you hear, we have two words for you…
Greg – Twitter | | Selective Hearing
Sophie – Twitter | J-Popping | Selective Hearing | Seoulbeats
Tenkei – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | Nandake
Boykun – Twitter | basugasubakuhatsu | Nandake
Dave – Twitter | New School Kaidan
Mandy – JPH!P
Allen – Twitter | Extra Life Houston | Extra Life
Datalanche – JPH!P
Jafejai – Twitter | Jam Subs
OPENING – Kool & The Gang – Celebration
TOPIC 0: HOW YOU DOING?
– Does 2013 already suck or is there still room for optimism?
TOPIC 1: 7 YEARS OF SELECTIVE HEARING
– Greg tells the epic adventure of how Selective Hearing came to be complete with many LOTR-like false endings and mentions of “my preciousssssssss”
– Questions for the panel:
– How did you discover Selective Hearing? Feel free to embellish for the sake of dramatic effect.
– We are heading into the realm of Beavis & Butthead video reviews and commentary on justin.tv in addition to the weekly live radio and monthly roundtable discussions. The first is already up on the site.
– Have you perused, skimmed or watched the first episode in its entirety?
– Would you like to be part of future episodes?
– Is there anything you would like to see on Selective Hearing in the future?
TOPIC 2: KASAI TOMOMI GETS A NEW BRA
– For those who have been living in a cave or ignore all that is AKB, future graduate Kasai Tomomi has caused quite a stir due to a photograph of her topless with a young Japanese boy behind her using his tiny hands to cover her nipples.
– First, did anyone really know that Kasai was packing that kind of chesticular fortitude? Are you surprised?
– Are you jealous of the young boy in the picture and wish that you were the one who had your hands up in her chest area?
– Is this good or bad PR? In other words will this come back to bite her in the ass once she leaves AKS?
TOPIC 3: SNH48 STAGE DEBUT
– SNH48 made their stage debut on January 12th to much anticipation. There was no Miyazawa Sae or that other chick who was deported with her.
– Did you try to watch this clusterfuck? Or was the boom shakakala bas similar to that of being in an overzelous rice racer’s car too much? How about the official recording that fixed the sound issues? Was it worth the wait?
– Was their version of Heavy Rotation enough to convince you to give this group a chance?
– Is it just me, or does this group have a lot possibly tenga worthy eye candy in it?
TOPIC 4: WOTA DETECTIVES
– What is your opinion of wota digging up dirt on idols just so they can prove that whoever is dating someone and getting more regular sex than they ever will.
– Do you think that the efforts of these wota detectives can be put to better or at least more productive use that doesn’t involve conjecture and douchebaggery?
– Would you ever consider being a detective if your oshi was rumored to be dating someone you did not approve of?
TOPIC 5: PREDICTIONS FOR THE LAST DAY OF AKB48’s 2013 REQUEST HOUR
ENDING – AKB48 – Ougon Center
Running Time: 2:06:18
Selective Hearing Social Media