Recorded: June 25, 2017
The Selective Hearing staff gather to discuss the fallout from AKB48’s 2017 Sousenkyo election program starting with all the shenanigans that happened before the event even started.
Opening – LL Cool J – Mama Said Knock You Out
- This year’s outdoor event was cancelled due to weather. According to pictures posted from the venue there was going to be a big waterslide used during the concert. Reports from members also indicated the return of disgusting bikinis.
- When the official cancellation announcement was made fan rage came quick and fast.
- Who do you believe had the most right to be upset?
- People who bought tickets/JTB travel packs?
- Fans who invested heavily financially in votes?
- Overseas fans.
- None of the above.
- Did you think all of the rage was was warranted?
- How much do you think this cancellation & its fallout will hurt the 48 brand?
- Sashihara Rino did not hold back on her opinion that this year’s event was poorly planned. Do you agree with her assessment?
- Despite the weather stoppage of the outdoor concert the election itself was held in a community center. Fans in Okinawa were able to watch the voting results via CCTV in the tent area that was to serve as the dressing room for outdoor event. Was this an okay consolation prize for fans who attended?
- What did you think of this smaller scale sousenkyo? Was the lack of fans inside the building apparent?
- Actually hearing the other members cheer and applaud rather than old men was rather refreshing wasn’t it? Them NGT and HKT girls sure got hype.
- Team 8 gets more member ranks this year. Did they make you (and Toyota) proud of their accomplishments? Do you think any of them will get some free cars out of this?
- Your thoughts on this year’s ugly chair? FUGLY or just over the top enough for this event?
Ending – AKB48 – 願いごとの持ち腐れ