Season’s greetings, readers!!
As the newbie writer at this site, I’ll be the first of our staff to post their year end review!
Aside from idol related things, 2016 has pretty much been a completely shit year for me. But luckily, it’s the idol related things that I write about here! So to sum up my year in a positive way, I’ll be highlighting my top 5 idol happenings as well as my top 5 hopes for 2017.
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Top 5 Happenings of 2016
- Seeing a Morning Musume。’16 concert in my home state of Texas on my birthday & having the members wish me a happy birthday that morning.
- Michishige Sayumi announcing her comeback in the spring of next year.
- Having the privilege to coordinate and throw the Hello!Disco fan party with Hello!Team and have the party be acknowledged by Mitsui Aika, MM。’16 members, and UF staff.
- Making it to Kudo Haruka’s birthday event and homecoming concert in one 3-week trip to Japan.
- Finally getting to see a MM。musical in person for the first time.
Top 5 Hopes for 2017
- A really awesome MM。 20th anniversary, chock-full of awesome events and releases.
- Another MM。 concert in the US.
- Possibly being able to see both Kudo Haruka and Michishige Sayumi in the same trip. (I definitely foresee overlapping schedules and me panicking over who to pick though!)
- Hello!Project proving their resilience and growing stronger despite the loss of big name OGs like C-ute and Tsugunaga Momoko.
- MM。 10th gen bus tour. (and that I’ll be able to make it)
So there you have it! A short and sweet yearly review to get the ball rolling!
Here’s to more great music and fun events in 2017!