SUMMER IS HERE, AND FUNIMATION HAS SET THE STAGE WITH A NEW SEASON OF ANIME
Streaming Service Reveals Nearly 21 New and Returning Series and Films
Funimation is heading into Summer with enough anime to make this a binge-worthy season. With nearly 20 new series subtitled and dubbed in English, Spanish and Portuguese, there is no excuse not to soak some anime in.
New and returning titles and episode premieres include:
- My Hero Academia Season 5 (Sub and Dub) – Endeavor reluctantly takes students under his wing. Meanwhile, All For One’s enormous bodyguard pulverizes the League of Villains into shape. But before they’re back on their feet, a sinister organization comes out of the woodwork to destroy the League.
- That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 – With Rimuru and the Jura Tempest Federation recovering from dark events that unfolded, will they punish the Demon Lord Clayman? Tune in to find out.
- One Piece: Luffy arrives at the Land of Wano to find its people and its beautiful lands in a disastrous state. The one behind it all is Kaido of the Four Emperors, who are in League with the shogun!
- Black Clover Season 4: Tensions are rising between the Clover and Spade Kingdoms as Asta and the Black Bulls continue searching for the remaining Devils.
- The Case Study of Vanitas: A wary young vampire joins forces with an enigmatic human doctor. Their mission? Unearth a cure for the entire vampire race!
- How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom – Kazuya Souma is crowned king of a fantasy world and plans to improve the realm not with magic but with administrative reform…Wait, what?!
- The Dungeon of Black Company: Work sucks, and Kinji avoided it beautifully by investing every penny. Good plan ’til he found himself in a new world…with DEBT! Now under the rule of an evil mining company, does he have what it takes to pull off the ultimate workaround on this gig?
- Sonny Boy – It’s an ordinary summer vacation…except for the fact that Nagara’s high school has mysteriously drifted into another dimension. As the students develop strange new powers and form new rivalries, can they survive the alien environment—and each other?
- Scarlet Nexus: Saved by the Other Suppression Force as a child, psychokinetic Yuito enlists in this elite team formed to fight Earth’s enemy. Meanwhile, prodigy Kasane was scouted for her abilities. But Kasane’s strange dreams drag the two into an unavoidable fate.
- The Honor at Magic High School: An incoming “honour” student at Magic High School, Miyuki dreamed of enjoying school with her older brother Tatsuya, an “irregular” student. But a rift between the two classes of students could stand in the way. This time, Miyuki is the star of the show!
- Higurashi: When They Cry – SOTSU – New kid Keiichi Maebara is settling into his new home of peaceful Hinamizawa village. Making quick friends with the girls from his school, he’s arrived in time for the big festival of the year. But something about this isolated town seems “off,” and his feelings of dread continue to grow. With a gnawing fear that he’s right, what dark secrets could this small community be hiding?
- RE-MAIN: From acclaimed studio MAPPA, RE-MAIN dives into the world of water polo. Water polo prodigy Minato Kiyomizu quit the sport after an accident in junior high. Now in high school, he picks up the sport again with a team facing several setbacks.
- Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan: Follows 31-year-old Uramichi Omota, a man with two sides to his personality. On the one hand, he’s upbeat and in charge of physical exercises on an educational program. Off-screen, though, he’s a disillusioned millennial, dead inside and, uh, not down with the whole adulting thing. As the tale continues, the less-than-perfect parts of young adult life are explored!
- The Duke of Death and His Maid – Due to a childhood curse, anything that the Duke touches will die — which makes his flirty maid’s behaviour all the more shocking!
- Kageki Shojo!! – The young women who attend Kouka Kageki High School of Musical and Theatrical Arts train to join the Kouka Acting Troupe, a historic and renowned all-female troupe. From the school to the stage to the rest of their lives, there is no challenge these young women can’t face with their passion for performance.
- Kingdom Season 3: A nameless boy and a young king have grown up in a nation plagued by war. The boy has countlessly proven himself on the battlefield, and although initially starting on bad terms, he and a young king have become comrades.
- Blue Reflection Ray: Together, an unlikely pair of friends will use their powers to help resolve emotional struggles and protect the Fragments of people’s hearts.
- Natsume Yujincho: Ishiokoshi to Ayashiki Raihousha – From Yuki Midorikawa’s supernatural mystery shoujo manga, the film is based on the manga’s two popular yet-animated episodes -Natsume Yujin-Cho “Ishi Okoshi” and “Ayashiki Raihousha.”
- How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord Ω (Dub) – Follows the adventures of a socially awkward young man who gets transported into his favourite multiplayer online role-playing video game as his game character, Diablo, a powerful ‘Demon Lord.’
This Summer, don’t miss films exclusively streaming on Funimation –
- Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train – Experience the magic of the movie that has captured audiences worldwide, in both subtitled and English dub formats, exclusively streaming on Funimation.
- The Stranger by the Shore – After coming out, Shun Hashimoto has no one to turn to until he meets Mio Chibana. The two instantly click—just before Mio has to leave. Now years later, Mio returns with a confession. But after all this time, will Shun feel the same?
More content will be added in the days ahead!
If it’s anime, it’s Funimation.
As the market leader in anime, we proudly deliver incredible fan experiences across television, feature films, events, collectibles, and the Funimation App.
Headquartered in the US and connected by a global network, our anime-obsessed team serves the fandom in over 49 countries and ten languages. With over 400 team members, we’ve built an international community where fans and their passion will always have a place to belong.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation subsidiaries.