Every beginning has an end. Selective Hearing’s Greg and Allen get together with special guest, Ellis Tan of LSTkpop as we discuss IZONE and their final concert, One, The Story, as well as their disbandment. Join us as we open up about our thoughts on IZONE and how the group has influenced us in the last 2.5 years. All the feels!
Disclaimer: As always, any opinions expressed by the participants of this discussion are purely their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the other Selective Hearing staff.
Recorded on March 21, 2021
- Say hi, rep where you from and what you drinking
- Promote your socials, sites, etc.
Topic 1: Pre Concert
- When this concert was announced there was a lot of speculation about what this could mean for the future of IZ*ONE. Were they going to be extended for another 1 or 2 years? Would their status be changed to permanent?
- Did you believe that IZ*ONE had a chance to go beyond their contracted 2.5 years as rumored or were you accepting the reality that this was the end for them?
- When tickets were released did you buy a 1 or 2-day pass? If 2-day, what were your expectations for the concert?
- Different set lists
- More unit stages
- Surprise announcements
- Did you end up buying concert merch? If so, what did you pre-order and how big of a dent did you put into your credit card?
Topic 2: ONE, THE STORY
- What were your thoughts on the setup of these concerts? Did you prefer the subdued approach of ONE, THE STORY or would you have rather IZ*ONE go all out like they did for ONEIRIC THEATER?
- What improvements were made to make the viewing experience better compared to ONEIRIC THEATER?
- The set lists for these concerts were structured in a way that celebrated the short legacy of IZ*ONE. Do you think they managed to fit everything that fans would have wanted into 2 days or were you wanting more when it was all over?
- Please tell us about your favorite moments and/or performances from this 2-day concert.
- The first day gave the IZ*ONE members an opportunity to thank each other for all they have done together. The second day allowed them to express their gratitude to their fans, and everyone who helped and supported them on their 2.5 year journey.
- Were you already crying by the time these moments arrived? If not, at what point did your floodgates open?
- Which member’s speech moved you the most?
- What were your thoughts on this 2-day concert as a whole? Was this a fitting end for IZ*ONE given the limitations brought upon them because of the circumstances in the world?
TOPIC 3: Looking Forward
- Which members have the best chance of succeeding outside of IZ*ONE?
- For those who have been rumored to join other groups, what is the likelihood they will?
- Which members are going to have a hard time making it outside of IZ*ONE?
- What do you think the Japanese members should do when they return to Japan? Stick it out within the 48 system or graduate immediately and go back to Korea?
TOPIC 4: The End
- Give us your thoughts on IZ*ONE and what they have meant to you.
- Which of the following quotes do you believe sums up your feelings about saying goodbye to IZ*ONE the best?
- “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” – Trey Parker
- “So long, and thanks for all the fish!” – Douglas Adams
- Say goodbye to the listeners.
Panorama 8 Bit Cover by 정훈남JHN STUDIO
If you like what you heard and want to support us, you can buy us a cup of coffee!
Stay Safe, Wear Your Mask!